Tony Robbins has been an inspiration for millions. Love him
and his philosophy or not, it is undeniable that he has had a positive impact on
millions of people. He has sold over 30-million motivational tapes, published
three best-selling self-help books, more than 2 million people attended his
seminars and another 10,000 (including myself) have attended his mastery
university in Hawaii. His core products include Get The Edge - Unlimited Power -
Date with Destiny - Mastery University and more.
Here are the top 10 lessons that I learned from Tony Robbins:
1) By altering your body's physiology, you can achieve an immediate change of
your emotional state. The mind will follow whatever state your phsyical body is
in and not vice-versa.
2) Ask specific questions of yourself (in your self-talk) to direct and control
your attention to the various aspects of the human experience. The quality of
your life is in direct proportion to the quality of the questions you ask of
3) Get leverage to create personal change by associating an old behavior with
massive pain and the desired new behavior with massive pleasure. Tony is a big
believer in the pain/pleasure principles of life and this applies in business as
4) When you get stuck, interupt your limiting pattern by doing something totally
5) You can condition your behavior by visualizing it over and over again. This
is not exactly unique to Tony Robbins, but he does reinforce this message in all
of his products.
6) Goal-setting strategy: Know your end outcome; Take massive intelligent
action; Have sensory-acuity to notice if you are getting the results you desire
and if not; change your approach; and change *until* you get your end outcome.
7) Create a "Compelling future" by vividly imagining your end result to generate
enthusiasm and power within yourself. The past does not equal the future. Find
beliefs that support your goals and desires.
8) Youth is Power! This is one of Tony's beliefs. Even if you don't have fancy
degrees, your youth can still mean power, flexibility and opportunity for your
9) Principles of CANI! CANI stands for Constant And Never-ending Improvement.
It's a basic tenet of Tony Robbins.
10) NLP can be useful. NLP stands for Neuro Linguistic Programming and there are
many NLP undertones in Tony's basic tenets. He went on to morph NLP into his own
technology called "NAC" (Neuro Associative Conditioning).